So this month has been FLYING!! Seriously! I think it's so funny that whenever I update, I usually talk about how much time has passed!
Anyway! This month has been full of events! The third of this month was Asia's SEVENTEENTH birthday!! Can you believe that?! She and I have been friends for thirteen years now! Amazing! :D I treasure our friendship so so so much. She and I used to be so much closer, but since we don't have many classes together, we hardly get to catch up. But when we finally do get together, we just pick up where we last left off. It's so refreshing. Asia is almost the complete opposite of me in so many ways! God's used that about our friendship to make us so strong. Ironically, it makes it easier to relate to each other and understand each other. There are no expectations, no superficiality in our friendship. I love that girl. :D
Oh yeah, apparently, I've been like so out of the loop in the Junior class. Wednesdays are "Big Earring Wednesday." Various groups in my class have special days, like one day all the girls wear the boots they have. And then another day, it's "Smokey eye makeup" day. I don't know. It's kind of fun. I've never participated in any of it. :) I've never been informed of it all either though! So whatever :D
Hmm, I'm writing this short story for the Young Author's Competition. It's about this girl who grew up with a really close relationship with her dad, and it's kind of just a spin on a coming of age story. Hopefully it'll be good. :D It's called In My Father's Love. It's totally all personal experience. It makes me cry just writing it. Ok, I personally really hate short stories about love stories. They are so cliche and irritating. If you are writing to win, you will not win. I write to win, honestly. I write to write, definitely. But when there is a competition that I'm in and it's something I'm good at, I am going to write to win.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ruthie, you're story made me cry too!
Post a Comment