Tuesday, August 16, 2011

All I Want for Christmas

Really, all that I really want...is just a good one.

I don't need any presents underneath the Christmas tree, so long as I know there are people around me that I love. They are gifts enough.

I don't need the heat of a fire or the warmth in my tummy from hot cocoa. My heart will be warm enough, kindled by the fire of a thousand kindred spirits around the world and right here, feeling exactly the way I feel right now.

I don't need the decorations. Christmas spirit lingers in the air, in the eyes of people that truly know the Reason for the season.

I don't need all the food. My spirit will be full enough, hearing the low hum of hearts rejoicing, seeing more smiles on people's faces...

I don't need all the people, the parties...even though that would be great. 'Cause I finally know the deep, deep love of Jesus; to rest in the arms of His mercy.

26 days till the dawn of Grace.

Really...I just want a good Christmas, whatever that means.

No comments: