Today is Memorial Day. As much as I am thankful for those who have died for my freedom, and as much as I specifically love American history...
Honestly, it is hard to understand and personalize the gravity of the death of many brave men and women-when I am an American whose "fathers" did not die in American wars. It's an ambiguous and abstract feeling.
Nonetheless, I am forever grateful. Whether I realize the depth of their sacrifice or not, there are countless lives that have been spent so that I can be where I am today.
This day is a human reflection of the Ultimate Sacrifice Christ was for us. Jesus demonstrated His love for us, while we were yet sinners. He put His life on the line. For us. To give us the freedom from sin.
Maybe you can personalize this kind of sacrifice more than I can. Just remember. Today's a day we look back at our history: personally, nationally, and universally and remember. Don't let the heroes of our past become unsung.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment