I've finally been able to dust all of my books too! So I was really happy about that! I hadn't had time in a long while...it takes like forever dusting the books! I usually take each book individually and wipe 'em down. And then I dust the shelf and then stack the books back up on the shelf nicely. :D I have books lined up like a normal bookshelf and then I have books in stacks on top of a shelf. :) I have too many to line them up normally. :)
Hmm, what's been on my heart? God's been really teaching me a lot in the week that I've been home. It feels weird not having anybody to talk to, so God's been showing me that a lot of times, I still live for people. I think God made me to be a naturally sociable person, but this week has been a reminder that though it's nice to have other people to talk to, I don't live off their acceptance. You know? That's what I've been learning. :D
I'm eating some mint chocolate chip ice cream. YUM YUM YUM!!!! What else was I going to say? Oh yeah, tonight's the Heart for Christ Christmas party. :) Those are fun. My first HFC Christmas party, we had a white elephant gift exchange. I started out with Almond Roca chocolates, but then a senior stole it from me so I ended up with some BBQ sauce from McDonald's. It was pretty weird. And then last Christmas Asia and I spent most of the night running away from someone. And Kayla spent the night avoiding a scary boy. :D That was lots of fun. :D Oh, I miss Kayla so much.
I started working on building the helicopter that I got for my birthday. I got up to step 4 the day I was given that present, and now I'm on step 6. :) I'm kind of stuck on a part because I can't get one of the little bolt type things to screw into a nut. :( It's at a funny angle, so I can't really reach it. :)
I've started reading Where the Red Fern Grows again today. That was the first book that ever made me cry. I remember. I got a free copy from school (they were getting rid of old editions and giving out the old copies to students for free) and I read when I was about 11. I remember I was sitting on the couch in my sister's old office. After I finished it, I lied on the couch for like 20 minutes and cried the whole time. It made me so sad...and yet happy. :) Like a bittersweet feeling. I love that book. It makes me want a coon hound. :D And to save my money and buy two coon hounds and go hunting with them and whatnot. It's a good story.

No comments:
Post a Comment