Friday, July 11, 2008

Beauty

Beauty? What is it? Is it like watching the sunrise after it just rained and seeing a rainbow AND you're in a field of flowers with the petals sprinkled with little raindrops? Is beauty physical attraction? Like seeing the cutest boy on campus with all the right clothes, all the right hair, all the right smells, all the right friends, all the right words and moves...and everything's...right? Perfection. Is beauty perfection? Maybe beauty is an attitude. A drive, even? To me, I think TRUE, REAL beauty is what I like to call the Greatest Love. There is nothing more beautiful than what Jesus Christ, the Son of God, did for us. He died. For us. Us--the unbeautiful. Unbeautiful because of our sin. The sin that we have been cursed with. BUT because of His death and His resurrection, He has redeemed s and turns us into something He calls beauty. There is no greater love. So...is beauty...love? Like the beautiful love of our Savior? Like the beautiful love of the one God has for us, that in turn, is a reflection of how God is with us? Amazing. I suppose that beauty, like many other things cannot be defined word for word. One must experience it. Experience beauty. Maybe beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Like how God thinks His children are beautiful even if we do sin. How we see beauty depends on who we are...I suppose.

No comments: