Friday, July 11, 2008
Such a Time as This
So recently I was talking to this lady who like is ill and all, and there was just something she said that really stuck out to me. She professes to be a Christian, so we were talking about God and church and things like that. Well, anyway, my mom said that she really believes that Jesus is the cure for people who suffer from disabilites and mental illness, and the lady was like, "I don't believe that. I KNOW it; I LIVE it." And I was like WHOA, because I know that Jesus is my healer, but I guess I never really knew how much that could really impact someone. She said that when she reads God's Word, spends time with Him, or when she listens to preaching, she can think clearly. Her questions are answered. She's free. She's free in God. So it really put things into perspective for me. It's like I take knowing Jesus Christ for granted or something; as if I don't realize how impacting being a child of God and having His grace truly is, and how much JUNK I've been saved from. It made me so thankful, and it really showed me how much God really, truly is our healer. Healing us from our sin. Our sicknesses. Our imperfections. I really do believe Jesus is the cure, especially for things like this. He is lifechanging, even for those we think are hopeless. No, wait. ESPECIALLY for those we think are hopeless. I don't really know if any of this made sense or not...but it was just...I dunno. just WOW.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment