Friday, July 11, 2008

Colors

How do you explain color to a blind person? Do you explain it with examples from other senses? This is my explanation. Who knows if it makes sense.
Red-It feels like fire. Burning. Smells like a plethora of spices. Tastes like cinnamon. I think of SPICY.
Orange-Tastes like oranges. Bursts of flavor. Sweet. Feels like those tingly morning facewash soaps. I think TANGY.
Yellow-Feels like the sun on your face. Bright and war. Tastes like lemonade. I think SOUR.
Green-It feels like walking barefoot in the grass covered with dew. I think FRESH. Smells like crisp apples. Tastes sweet and sour.
Blue-Smells like refreshing rain on a hot summer day. It tastes like blueberries. Feels like an overcast day in your favorite jeans. I think DEPTH.
Purple-Purple makes me feel warm, but not fire warm. Fuzzy blankets in a cold room warm. Smells calming like lavender. Tastes like grape soda. I think BUBBLY.
Pink-Smells like bubblegum. Very sweet. Tastes like lollipops. Feels like an adorable little girl giving you a hug. I think SWEET.
Brown-Feels like tree bark and soft, rich soil. tastes like chocolate and smells like a strong cup of coffee. I think COMFORT.
Black-Feels like awkward silence. Tastes like tea with no cream and sugar. Smells like the night air under the stars by a campfire. I think SOLEMN.
White-Fluffy pillows with the breeze blowing. Tastes like whipped cream on vanilla ice cream shared with someone you love. Smells like bread with sweet butter. I think SOFT.

No comments: