Ordinary start to my morning. Slow. Sweet.
It was picture day today.
Had some trouble in my morning classes.
I don't really want to get into that, but all is well now.
Hmm, I shared a testimony in Bible class today. It kind of had something to do with what I shared in prayer meeting last night. I will try to remember what I said.
"After sitting in so many testimonies in our class, I realized that there is one definite thing we have in common, not only with the girls in this room, but with human kind in general. It's that we all hurt; we all have hurts deep inside us, that sometimes we don't even know how to express. Before prayer meeting last night, I was reading through Romans 8, and I thought I should share this with you guys." It's hard to directly quote myself. I quit...I read verses in Romans and told the girls about how our sufferings on earth is nothing compared to the glory we will receive in Heaven, if we are children of God. (vs 18)"
"It is so comforting to know that this pain, this suffering is only temporary and that we have Heaven to look forward to, but sometimes, when we are really hurting, it's hard to grasp the reality of eternity in Heaven. I was talking to Mrs. Loker a couple of weeks ago, and she was saying that when we are in Heaven, earth will feel as faraway as Heaven does right now."
I said more stuff, but I don't quite remember anymore, but it had to do with verses 24 and 25: about hoping for something I can't see, which makes it something I hope for, if that makes sense. I asked, "Do you guys know what it's like when you're crying and crying and you really want to tell someone how you're feeling but you don't know how to put into words? You have that aching feeling in your heart and it just hurts to cry? Well, in verse 26, it says that the Holy Spirit understands those feelings that we can't put to words. He makes intercession for us. I don't have to try to tell God how I feel when my heart hurts like that. He understands anyway."
"The next verse after that is incredible. Verse 28. And when Paul says, all things, he means all things, the good and the bad. Isn't it amazing to know that all things will work together for good?" I said that God's plan for us isn't something bad, something we should be worried or afraid of, but it's GOOD.
I read the passage about God's love. And that's when I just felt so burdened. I shared with the girls how nothing, absolutely nothing, not even the Devil himself can separate us from God's love.
"God in His mercy loved us so much that He sent His perfect Son to come to this dirty, sinful world to die for us. That's humbling, but you know what, it's also really exciting. Why? Because Jesus didn't stay dead. I know you guys have heard this before, but this is what I want to share with you. You can go to Mohammed's grave or Buddha's grave, and you will see them there, dead. You can go to the grave of Jesus Christ, and there isn't anybody there. My Savior is risen. He beat death. Mrs. Loker shared in a homeroom devo last year that if John died for her, it would be honorable and she would be really thankful, but John would be dead and she would be sad. Jesus loved us more than John could ever love Mrs. Loker, and He did die for us, but my Jesus didn't stay dead. He is alive and real, and He is seated at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us. Isn't that awesome? Not only do you have Harvest teachers and fellow students praying for you, but you have Jesus praying for you. I don't know, but I find that so amazing!!"
"I love you guys so much, and it is so special the unity and openness we share in this class. I sit through your testimonies and cry, not because it makes me sad, but because it is so encouraging seeing you guys up here sharing your hearts. It's encouraging to see you grow. Really, it is."
I felt extremely inclined to pray again, so I did. I thanked God for these girls and for our class and for the sweet fellowship we share. Honestly, I really love my class. There's something so special about my class and my grade. We are family, truly.
Miss Choi added to what I said about Jesus making intercession for us. It's in John 17.
"Neither pray I for these alone (His disciples), but for them also which shall (or will) believe in me through their word. That they all may be one; as Thou, Father art in me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us (unity); that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me. And the glory Thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one. I in them, and Thou in me, that they may be perfect in one; and that the world may know that Thou has sent me, and has loved them, as Thou hast loved me.
Jesus prayed for believers in the future too, which would be us believers today. He prayed for unity, so that the world might believe in Him. Not only that, but this passage says that God loves us as much as He loves Jesus. It's incredibly humbling. I learned a lot today.

2 comments:
Thanks Ruthie!
That's encouraging!
amazing,! =]
Post a Comment