Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday.

Hmm, it's the first of the month, and I can use my Pandora account. Last month I used up the max of 40 hours, because I just let it play the whole day while I was home. I don't think I'll use it up all this month..:)

Anyway, today was good. They had my favorite muffin in the coffee shop this morning. Cappuccino chunk! And they have this new blended drink that I tried: Nutter Crunch, something like that. It has a scoop of peanut butter and Reese's peanut butter cup in it. It's YUM. We had the August birthday party in homeroom today. :D We had chocolate cake with Cool Whip icing and a mini quiche thing to eat. It was fun. :) I love being in Miss Choi's class. She's super sweet and I learn a lot from her. :) I am thankful.

The past couple of days in our Life Skills classes, we've had girls in my class give testimonies. Yesterday, Jenny gave hers, and it brought me to tears. She was telling us of what God's done in her life and how far she's come. She shared a little of her background and how all the things she's gone through gives her a ministry to connect with people who are going through the same thing. It's so humbling to see God working in her life, which is why I started crying. People like her are the reason why I don't give up hope on our students at Harvest. I believe..

Today, Chloe gave a testimony about when her mom got cancer when we were in 9th grade. She told us about how she felt no one could really understand all that she was going through, but then she started talking to Mr Lewis, whose mother went through the same exact thing just three times over. And you know, it got me thinking of two things.

1) Just in my life skills class alone, there are a lot of hurting hearts. I am so blessed to be with the girls in my Bible class. Their hearts are so tender, and it is so amazing to watch the Word of God speak to them. I feel like family.

2) When we go through hard times, it does give us a ministry that no one else can have. I love talking to people who know exactly what I mean, understand totally, and can relate like no other. I want to the be that kind of person to people.

I'm giving the testimony for our class on Thursday. I'm not sure about what I'm going to say yet...I have so much to say. I have no idea where to start.

In other news, I had lunch with Mrs. Loker today. Aww, I love her so much!! It was nice to just sit and talk and cry and laugh. :) Anyway, I have to go to drama rehearsal in just a little bit. It's 7pm-9pm tonight. Isn't that crazy?

No comments: