Sunday, October 4, 2009

*sigh* :D

Today was a really super awesome day. I love Sundays. I love the smell of Sunday mornings. Clean hair, minty gum, and COFFEE!! Those are the smells of church at Harvest. 

Anyway, Sunday school was awesome! Bob Roberts is here doing the children's programs for Summit Meetings this week. He preached for Sunday school, and it was really neat. It made me look at the Gospel message in a new way, and it challenged me to be totally accurate when telling children, specifically, about salvation. It's pretty tricky yet real simple. :) I liked it.

Then Dr. Vaughn preached the message this morning. Oh buddy! It was super good! He's preaching about brokenness, and he told us about what happened to his family like so many years ago, and it so amazing to see God work!! Pastor Herron preached a message like two weeks ago, I think, and he said that: What man creates and breaks, becomes worthless, but what God creates and breaks, becomes useable. Something like that. 

Oh yeah, a bunch of us are in the skits for the children's program. It's stuff about knights and King Arthur. Jon is King Arthur. I'm Princess Gwenivere. C.J. is Sir Sagramore/the Dark Knight. Luke is Sir Benivere (something like that). Uhhh, Kyle is Merlin. I don't remember the rest, but it's a lot of fun!! :D

No comments: