Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 1.

July 3, 2009 Friday

            Day 1

            I’m officially on the plane, and to my surprise, I’m sitting in business class. Whoo hoo! I guess I’m getting the whole shebang.

            I’m pretty bummed that Dad isn’t with us. I almost cried this morning. I’ve gotten so used to saying goodbye to Mom that it stopped making me cry. However, I almost never have to say goodbye to Dad, so it was pretty hard. I’ll be ok. It’s not like I have deep insecurities that things will change. They will not!

            As we got out of the van when Dad dropped us off this morning, I was so nervous. I have no idea why. It’s not like I was really scared to fly. I think I still didn’t realize I was actually going to do this.

            We got to the place where they run your bags through the scanning thing, and I was basically freaking out. I’m such a wimp. It’s not even funny. D: I can’t even imagine what it’s going to be like traveling to and from Texas by myself! Oh what things I’ll be able to write from that experience! What joy!

             On the upside, I’m sitting by myself. My mom was upgraded to business class, or something like that, but she can’t leave Kaz, so she gave her seat to me. Thanks Mom! Really. I’m loving it. The seat is so big, and I have room for the pillow they give you, my journal, my Bible, two books, my teddy bear, and me. That’s what I call comfortable. Not only that, but I love how they serve me drinks! I sat down and the flight attendant asked me if I wanted anything to drink. I was going to be shy and tell her no thank you, but I thought I might as well give it a whirl and make the most of this opportunity.

I AM ADVENTURE GIRL! No, just kidding. I read too many girly, teenybopper books.  That’s from Amazing Grace. I brought Wuthering Heights and To Kill a Mockingbird with me to read.

            Oh my goodness, I feel like such a noob. Watch it. I’m not going to know how to fully utilize the luxuries of where I’m seated. Oh well. Heh….I’m such a loser honestly. I don’t even know what I’m doing. I totally forgot how to open the restroom door. Ehh. I must be a spectacle to watch. Whatever. The flight attendant is really nice. So like she gave me this warm, moist towel thing, and I have no idea what to do with it! Like what happened to my common sense?? I should just wear a sign on my forehead that says, “I AM A LOSER AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I’M DOING. WILL PAY FOR HELP AND COMMON SENSE.”  Being me is way too much fun.

            As I was being asked for what sort of breakfast I would like, the flight attendant lady kept calling me Miss Natividad. It was way cool.

            I had a cheese omelet. Oh my word.  I felt so full afterward. They served some fruit, some bread and then the actual breakfast. After I was finished eating, I reclined the chair and just lay in the dark. I wasn’t planning on sleeping. I wasn’t even bored. I was perfectly content just sitting there. It was probably the first real down time I have had all summer. I guess I was so relaxed that I eventually fell asleep. I don’t know how long I was out, but it felt like an eternity. It was so good. On the downside, I fell asleep with my contacts in, so my eyes are feeling repercussions of that right now.

            Currently, I’m sitting in the Narita airport waiting for my mom and Kaz to get back from eating some Yakisoba. We’re stuck in this airport until about 3:30 in the afternoon. It is almost 10:30 right now. 5 more hours.


THIS IS OLD. I typed it up while we were in Narita. Newer stuff later.

2 comments:

hazel said...

dude. you are having an awesome adventure. good luck in your travels. (:
but what are you doing in the states? it's not so clear in your blogs. >.<

Anna said...

girl, I love reading your blog! They are so funny. esp the part where you have all that stuff in you seat!! LOL Sounds just like me :)