Thursday, July 2, 2009

My dinner.

Our family ate at Denny's tonight, because every other restaurant we usually go to was closed. Yeah, it was like 10pm already. We always eat late. It's kinda ridiculous. Anyway, at the table sort of across from us, some band kids (I couldn't figure out for the life of me which band...maybe there's only one, but whatever it's irrelevant) were eating dinner. I kind of knew some of them, because they either used to go Harvest, still go to Harvest, went to Friendship Fest when I was still in band, or were in ACB one of the 3 years I was on the team. 

SO (I'm not bashing them specifically, because I have nothing against band kiddos, I'm talking about young people eating out in groups in general) our family was sitting there peacefully, when the other table is full of erupting laughter and boisterous conversation. I love listening to band kids talk music. It is the funniest thing ever. I don't know why, but I seriously find it ridiculously amusing to listen to band kids talk about pieces they played in rehearsal or mistakes in their performance. It sometimes annoys me when teens go eat out like that....

Till I realized that that is exactly what it's like when we go out to eat after Saturday performances for drama. It used to be Juniors and Seniors only, but this year, Sophomores could go too. We all go out to King's after cleaning up the stage. By far, the dinner after The Miracle Worker was the BOMB! 

The whole time we were there, all we could talk about was our performance. My favorite part was the last scene when Captain Keller (Jon) and Katie (I) were at the dinner table, and I was almost going to cry. Up stage, Helen and Miss Sullivan start to go inside to eat dinner...and then the lights fade. Man. The audience was dead quiet. Then all of a sudden they started clapping like crazy! Awww that feeling is...I just can't put it to words. I couldn't do it justice. 

Anyway, those band geeks reminded me of my drama traumas. Terms of endearment, love, not derogatory terms. I've been both, and an ACB nerd so...I do have room to talk. :) 

No comments: