Anyway, I just got back from the pool. We're staying at the Luxor (the hotel shaped like a pyramid) until Wednesday. It's pretty cool. Man, Vegas is super dry. The sun's more intense back home...but it's humid, so it doesn't make you feel like you're shriveling up into nothing.
Yesterday we went to Old Navy and I bought a lot of new clothes. I seriously love Old Navy. I think my whole wardrobe is from there, pretty much. Let's see. Recap. It's so not going to be in order.
July 4
We flew out of LA to Las Vegas. Man. God makes beautiful creations. We flew out at around noontime, and it was so fascinating to be able to see the landscape. All the mountains and sand and dryness...it's so different from what I've gotten used to seeing. You know, sand. :) Water. Green grass. Things like that. I'm so thankful that I was able to see all of that. Oh that reminds me! That morning, we were on the freeway in LA, and I saw the sun rise! It was absolutely GORGEOUS. God is so good. It was totally postcard worthy.
After we arrived in Las Vegas, we went out to eat at this Filipino restaurant. It kind of made me laugh...I was thinking, "Wow. I just traveled about 26 hours, just to eat at a place that serves food I never had to leave my house to eat." However, the food was SUPER SUPER GOOD. I was rather surprised. I was using the restroom there, and I guess the lock on the door was broken, because as I was washing my hands, some girl accidentally opens the door! I come to find out that it's some famous movie star from the PI! Awkward!
Then we went to my relatives' house here, and my cousin took me out shopping. Oh, I had so much fun. :D Then I think we went out to Olive Garden to eat. I had some ravioli. Oh my word, it was super good. Um, my mom is ridiculous! She convinced our server to let us keep one of their plates to take home to my sister!!! Only my mother.
After dinner, my cousin took me out to Walmart. It was pretty cool. It's so cheap here! It's crazy!! The cost of living on Guam is so expensive! Whatever. I guess paradise doesn't come easy. :) I love my island. I went to bed that night, EXHAUSTED. Oh yeah, Jon asked about the fireworks. I did get to see the fireworks. There were some going off like everywhere! It was pretty cool. We weren't able to just stop and watch them, but as we drove down the freeway there were fireworks going off left and right like every thirty seconds. It was wayy cool.
July 5
Went shopping. Oh I said that already. Then...we went out to eat at this buffet place. Craziness. It's like this buffet that serves food from all over the world. I wished Min Shik were with me. He and I would eat like fatties. Ok, so he does that by himself, but I seriously think it's amusing to watch him eat!
Checked into our hotel. Didn't eat dinner. I don't know what else. It's funny how I still don't get lots of food to eat. D: I want SNACKS!!!!!
And I'll update about today later. ehhhh

No comments:
Post a Comment