Wednesday, July 15, 2009

More updates.

Hey, Haze, thanks for the updates...sort of. Not sort of thank you, just sort of updates, if that makes any sense. I'll be in LA again sometime in the 20s of July. :) Hope you're having fun.

Well, I don't really know what else to write, but I'm getting uneasy to leave this place. I love it here so much. It's not the same kind of love for the place that I have about Guam, but I do love being here. I don't want to leave, not quite yet anyway. These days have been healing and relaxing. Totally and completely wonderful. I think everyone in the world should have an opportunity like the one I've been so blessed to have. Honestly, this is what I've needed for what feels like an eternity.

I'm in the hospital right now, not for me, just so you know. I was introduced to a nurse here, and I said hello. Then she looks at me so surprised and said, "Oh, they speak English on Guam?" At least, he said something like that. :) Isn't that hilarious? That's one of the things about being here that I find so amusing. The fact that people here just look at me like, "What in the world are you doing here and why are you with these people?" Truthfully, I love it. It just shows what kind of melting pot Guam truly is and how different living (being or visiting) the States is. It's so diverse and beautiful coming from an island where nobody is the same and people come from all kinds of places, speak all kinds of tongues, and have their own stories to tell. More and more, I cannot imagine living anywhere but there. It's been such an amazing experience growing up on Guam. I love, love, love, love it. My island paradise. Where dreams happen. :) More or less.

So in the past week, I've gone shopping close to 8 billion times, eaten at nigh on 20 different places, and done a couple new things. Wow, I'm just so into exaggerating. It sure feels like 8 billion and 20 and a couple. :) I am not making any sense, but whatever, it's your choice to continue reading. I don't really know where to start, but I do know one thing.

This summer, I've grown up so much. I've felt and experienced so many new things-some I never expected to happen, some I never wanted to happen, and some that I still to this day have trouble believing something so amazingly wonderful has happened.

I feel like a different person. In the very best way possible.
Little Ruthie's growing up.

1 comment:

Hazel said...

well, my brother said they only won 2 games out of 12. It was a slaughter apparently.

And i think he said they were last place out of all the teams there "because they were just taller than us." (so he says).


That's all he would tell me because he's pretty annoyed about it.

hopefully the guys in Guam will fill us in more about it.