Thursday, April 16, 2009

100 things. Part II

100 things I want to do before I die. (I told you I love lists)

1. Get my divers license...or whatever it's called. (Forget driving, I want to DIVE)
2. Find out which HBBI girl led me to Jesus when I was 3 1/2. 
3. Live on a farm. (Even for just a bit, doesn't have to be forever)
4. Buy one, just one, super amazing dress that I can wear a million times and it'll still look cute every single time. (I think this is just a girl thing)
5. Write a devotional book called Beauty from Ashes. (That's a verse in Isaiah, by the way)
6. Get married. :) (Gotta put that in...hey, it's on everyone's list like this)
7. Build a treehouse. By myself. 
8. Meet someone who doesn't think I'm completely a dork. (This may have been done already...without my knowledge of so)
9. Go deep, deep sea fishing. 
10. Stand at the top of a lighthouse (not at night).
11. Cut grass with those lawn mowers you sit on. (I know. I'm weird.)
12. Visit Coram's Fields, the preschool I went to when we lived in England.
13. See if the sheep I used to try to ride are still there.
14. Go sailing...and sleep on the boat...somewhere in the middle of the ocean, under the stars, where it's DARK. Oh it'd be beautiful. 
15. Visit the Painted Desert. 
16. Get married to someone who can cook up some deeeelicious biscuits and gravy. (Once again, don't ask. I love, love, love that stuff) 
17. Learn how to take some decent pictures.
18. Teach a 2nd grade class, even for just a day.
19. Climb a mountain. A real one. ;P
20. Ride a camel. Or a llama.
21. Get my writing published.
22. Leave Harvest/Guam long enough to miss it and come back and see how it's changed.
23. Meet up with people I grew up with...but no longer live here.
24. Walk in a park and vaguely hear some brilliant person playing...(think August Rush haha)
25. Learn how to tell time. Well. (I know how. I'm just horrible at it.)
26. Learn how to multiply by 9. (Uhhh, I was very distracted when we learned how to do this in elementary)
27. Raise a family.
28. Visit the zoo. Everyday for a week.
29. Go on a hike, where the whole time we're walking through mud...like knee-deep. (love it)
30. Get some weird janitorial/housekeeping job in college. (for some reason I really want to do this)
31. Dance under the stars. 
32. Grow a garden of flowers. All over the place. In tires. In the ground. In old barbeque grills. In old drums. In buckets. In old toilets. Everywhere.
33. Paint a picture on the wall with my hands.
34. Roll down a hill. 
35. Roller skate everywhere, just for a day. 
36. Make homemade ice cream.
37. Decorate a house. 
38. Work in a bakery.
39. Go to my best friend's wedding. (This is implying that she gets married before she dies)
40. Write a letter at least once to every person that means something to me. (I better get started. I'd be writing a million letters)
41. Visit a Holocaust museum. 
42. Run a 5k. Like run. Like all of it.
43. Live on some island off of the coast of Alaska, even just for a month...or a week.
44. Swim in the Mediterranean. 
45. Bike through the English countryside. Just a wad of cash, the clothes on my back and a toothbrush.
46. Get a crazy haircut.
47. Bring back the 1940's style.
48. Star in a major play...somewhere.
49. Meet someone like me. Like...JUST LIKE ME. But not me.
50. Meet my doppleganger theory person...(look it up)
51. Help support finding the cure for cancer. Somehow. Even more.
52. Figure out my family tree.
53. Go camping. For longer than just the weekend.
54. Catch fireflies. 
55. Own a little rowboat.
56. Jump in lake of freezing cold water. (not the kind that will me get that hypothermia thing)
57. Ride in a helicopter.
58. Road trip. 
59. Live in a house where there are at least 3 bookshelves in almost every room. 
60. Find the perfect blend of tea, water, milk and sugar.
61. Climb a really, really big tree.
62. Visit missionaries all over the world.
63. Get in a submarine. Not like the silly Nautilus tourist submarine, but a...legit one.
64. Be involved in full-time ministry. :) 
65. Make a quilt.
66. Go hunting. (I don't know...it sounds...not Ruthie at all, but it does sound interesting)
67. Ice skate...like better than when I was little.
68. Meet a boy who writes like I do. (This also may have been done. I don't remember)
69. Ride in a little teeny weeny airplane. 
70. Drive a truck, a big one.
71. Raise bees. (I like weird things. I've been inspired.)
72. Find an instrument I can really play...
73. Touch someone's life. Even just once.
74. Get lost in the city with someone else I know.
75. Visit a castle. An old one...not one that's been turned into some tourist trap.
76. Grow up to be one of those sweet, sweet old ladies.
77. Stay friends, yea best friends with Asia. More than just on facebook. ;)
78. Count how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.
79. Learn how to ride a horse. Well. 
80. Own a huge aquarium of fish.
81. Stumble upon a hidden garden.
82. Be part of a parade. 
83. Go to a fair.
84. Live somewhere cold.
85. Own a copy of everything Jane Austen's ever written.
86. (Get married) Name one of my sons after my husband. (well..it's true)
87. Find a way to be in the cafeteria when the lights are off. (I've figured out in all the 15 1/2 years I've been at Harvest, I've never been in the cafeteria when the lights are off)
88. Own a cat. (I hate cats.)
89. Go to the Olympics. (Hopefully, the London Olympics...there is actually a good chance of me being able to go...randomly)
90. Find more books by David Lubar.
91. Visit Stratford-Upon-Avon, where Shakespeare's from.
92. Perform one of Shakespeare's plays.
93. Live to see the day we get lights for our soccer field at Harvest.
94. Sink a 3 pointer.
95. Watch Asia swim the English Channel and live to tell about it.
96. Be a witness like that little old man in Australia.
97. Start a phenomenon.
98. See more and more of my relatives get saved.
99. Eat some REAL spicy food. All kinds. spicy :)
100. Tell someone how much they really, truly mean to me and how much I love them.

I love lists. 






2 comments:

Carl Jr said...

Hey, I Love your lists.....! You have some great goals in there....:)I hope you can achieve every one of them one day!

A random friend :) said...

I love your list!!!
It's so Ruthie!
You sound like me!!