Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Calm in the storm.

There's a tropical depression right now. Pretty spiffy, if you ask me; but it's probably not for the the high school guys' soccer team (who I do believe is undefeated at this point), since their game got postponed. Tears. And I was even thinking about watching today...

Anywho, the wind is blowing, the rain is falling, the sun is hiding. Things like that. I love it. I love rainy, stormy, gloomy weather. Yesterday, I noticed something different about the air. I couldn't explain it, but it smelled different, felt different, and it even BLEW different. Literal winds of change? It was like I felt it in my bones....

A lot of things happened yesterday as well as today. Interesting to me how big things tend to come all at once. The events that took place were a long time coming, but the activation keys had to be now, duh. It's overwhelming...

But God is really teaching me a lot about what peace is. Peace isn't calm situations and a chill life. Peace isn't being lazy...I've always imagined in my mind's eye that peace was like a pond. A peaceful pond. ;) The water has no waves. The birds chirp happily. The sun shines brightly. The frogs croak. The fish swim. There is not a cloud in the sky. Picture it? That's not really peace. To me, it sounds like unattainable perfection. I think peace is like a huge sea of water. The wind howls. The rain pours down torrentially. The sky is a deep grey. The waves go up higher than your head and crash down onto the boat your in. It's not even a large boat. It's like one of those cute little rowboats, yet you could just sit there without worry--knowing that God made the world; therefore, God controls it. The surroundings scream WORRY, PAIN, AGONY, yet God's still, small voice whispers to your heart, "Peace, be still."

Another random analogy, I think of a snowglobe. You can turn it upside down, shake it, whatever. The thing in the middle (whatever it is) doesn't move. It's held down my something stronger than it. 

I don't know if that made sense...

No comments: