Monday, April 20, 2009

#26 and another Happy Monday.

Today was a really good day. 
Words to describe today:
-Rambunctious. 
-Fun-filled
-Ironic.
(by far the most accurate...)
-FREE.

Random highlights about today.
-I found out that the Skeenses (is that the right plural form of Skeens??) are leaving after this year. I'm bummed. When he told our class this during Algebra this afternoon, I wanted to cry. I don't know why...he's a cool teacher and I don't think I would have gotten this far in Algebra without failing without him. D: (maybe this isn't really a highlight...like in a good way, but hey it did happen...if that matters)
-I found out that I don't have to fail at science fair!!!! There is hope!!!
-I found out that Mrs. Denton has high expectations of me, and even though my classmates thought my dramatic piece was right on...she thought it was not satisfactory, not sufficient, not acceptable. Blegh. I'm not saying this in a proud way, but I suppose those expectations come when one knows that I'm in drama...and am somewhat good at acting. FAIL. She wants me to win first place at Finals this weekend, and I'm assuming she will not accept anything less than that. She thinks I can win first. She says I have to want it. I do...but not enough to really work my tail off...which I think is not really wanting it. FAIL. Whatever. I'm an NFL member. I'll be able to put that on my college apps. I'll get a cord at graduation. That's enough for me. I like theatre acting, not competition acting.
-I found out that I have a chance at being recommended into Honors English next year!!! But the only thing in the way of that recommendation is the fact that I perpetually turn Vocab lists in late. And according to the English gurus at HCA, late homework is unacceptable and intolerable in Honors English. 
-I found out that I can be easily persuaded into telling people deep things about myself I didn't know I was going to share with them in the first place. I think I'm overly transparent. Is that possible? Well, if it is, then that's what I am.
Ok. I just realized that each new thing I wrote about in this list started out with "I found out that." Weird. 

In other news, clapping chalkboard erasers is actually bad for you. I don't know why teachers make kids do that...I mean, I don't think that inhaling chalk dust is healthy. Anyway, I had to do that today, out of my own volition, however. It brought back memories. I was helping Miss Martin in her classroom, cleaning her chalkboard amongst other things. :) Funny. I laughed so hard when I was all done. My laughter is explosive I've found out, and it's far, far, far too loud.

Oh. About #26. #26 on my list of what I want to do before I die (or as Jon affectionately called it, "Ruthie's Bucket List") is "Learn how to multiply by 9." GUESS WHAT?!?!
I learned how to multiply by 9 today! I'm so proud of myself. And of all the random people to teach me such an intellectual feat, Luke taught me!!! Isn't that awesome?? Well. I actually think it's funny...and ironic. Just kidding, Luke!!!  Anyway, he taught me how using my hands. If whoever reads this (which I actually think is just like...two people) ever wanted to know, I'd be more than glad to teach you how to multiply by 9 with your hands!! It's fun!!
There, Luke. Happier?

All right. I'm off to go pursue that hope for my science project.
I love being Ruthie. 
It's awesome. I wonder if anyone would like to try it sometime.
Wait. That might be dangerous. I'm an expert at being me and I still get hurt about every 5 minutes. ;) Just kidding.

 I love Mondays too. :) 

1 comment:

Ace said...

lol My mom taught me how to multiply by five with my hand/fingers... but I forgot. D: