Rarely am I told that I look like my mom. People say I look like my dad. I don't know what to think. There is something that I get told quite a bit, however, and it is that I am just like my mom. In the big things. In the little things. It's kinda nice.
Mom and I both like a lot of the same things, do a lot of the same things, and think a lot of the same things. My mom and I looooove bright colors and decorating the house and other various things pretty. She and I are very adamant about keeping the house clean with extremely high standards. We both LOVE, absolutely LOVE, writing. She has 21 years worth of journals. We both write about little things that we see God in. We like to talk a lot. And pray. I love to pray with my mom...
And that's why I say. If there's anyone I would like to be like (other than Jesus), it would be my mother. She has seen God work in her life through and through. She's been a witness to some amazing things happen, and most of them are things she has prayed for. My mom is a prayer WARRIOR, like I'm not even kidding you. My mom is probably the hardest working person I know, and she does her job effectively and efficiently, but the thing that I love best about my mom, is that she loves Jesus with her whole heart, soul, and mind--with every ounce of her being. She knows she can't live this life without Him. He is her first resort. God has blessed our family with so much, and she acknowledges that.
I know my mom is human and has flaws, but God has given her grace. I have learned what true joy is from her. There have been tough things in her life, but she always says God is good, and maybe there are those times where she doesn't say it, but I know deep down she knows it. My mom prays about everything. Everything is good from the hands of the Father in her eyes, whether or not we see it as good. :) I don't mind being just like my mother, if that means that God is real to me, just like He's soooooo real to her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment