Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ACT Now.

Ok, I don't know if anyone else was watching this on channel 2 today. But basically it was a KUAM telethon thingy about cancer. 

Like there were people telling about their experiences with cancer...and how they beat it. It was like making people aware of it...Man, I started crying. I don't even really know why. It's not like I even knew those people, but then there was this one boy who is a year older than I am...and like, he's gone through chemotherapy, bone marrow transplants, leukemia and a lot of hard stuff...That made me cry sooo much. 

I didn't think cancer was a big deal; like, I never really took it seriously. Then...I found out something tonight...that really hit close to home. I don't really know if I can say it here, but man, I was trying so hard not to cry. This really challenged me to do more about it...like find ways to help out.

I don't think I've met anyone that hasn't been affected by cancer, whether they themselves have had it or has had someone in their family have it. 

According to the words of Asia, "Cancer fails at life." To me, I think it bites, but I know God uses it to show His glory. I know He does, 'cause I've seen His glory shown in families and individuals who have been affected by it. 


Cancer is so limited
It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the Spirit.
[It cannot change the love of Jesus Christ]


To all those that are cancer survivors, Right on! I don't have cool words to say...just that now, I'm praying for you seriously. And if there's anyone out there that does have cancer, I'm saying the same thing to you.

--the night I wrote this, I found out that my grandma had cancer...A week later, she was put in the ICU...
Soon after, she passed away...that just about tore me up...

No comments: