Monday, August 10, 2009

Interruption. :)

I'm doing some chores around the house right now, and usually when I do, I think a lot. These are some of the thoughts that have been rolling around in my mind. They're more serious than the last few times I've done this. :) But hey, I think it's good stuff.

Why is it that most people who come to a profound realization of what "knowing God" really means are people who have grown up in the church? Does that make sense? I think I might know. At least, what I do know holds true for my understanding of what knowing God means. I think for people who have grown up in the church, we get so used to hearing about God that eventually (sometimes also unintentionally) we get desensitized to the awesomeness (real def of awesome) of our great God. We get to know facts about God, rather than God Himself. 

Then. When it finally clicks, it's HUGE. I know. It changed my life. Your relationship with God steps from a head knowledge to a heart knowledge. The reality of who He is has moved the eighteen inches from your head to your heart. Those eighteen inches are a big deal. 

Just a thought. :) And I did check up on the whole eighteen inches thing. You think I make these things up? 

No comments: