The Mysterious Benedict Society.
and The Graveyard Book.
Two very excellent books.
I love books like these because they view life from a different perspective.
Neither are vile or have objectionable materials.
The Graveyard Book sounds scary but is not scary.
It's actually a really sweet story. There are a few "dark" parts, since it's in a cemetery. There are ghosts and a murder in the story, but as far as being gross or explicit, NO. It's fine. :) However, please be sure to make sure it's ok with whoever you need to check with if you read this book. I have no idea who reads this blog, and I just want to be sure I don't get anyone in trouble.
The Mysterious Benedict Society is a little bit cliche and predictable, but the end is very conclusive. It's one of those books that I don't regret reading. It's a good book. I love the plot! It's creative in a expectable way...I don't know if that really made sense. :D
I started another one right now called Here, There Be Dragons. I am not really a "fantasy" book reader and am not really fond of reading about mystical characters, but I love the writing style of the book! I don't know what it is, but it's captivating! I'll tell you more about it later.

No comments:
Post a Comment