It's the last Friday of summer. I think I owe myself a few thought provoking words.
This summer was really hard, not only on myself, but on so many people I know. It's difficult when people you love move away. There has been a lot of healing this summer. I think back to the day during Cool School that our whole team just did one-on-ones and talked, for real. It hurts, but it's what's good for us. Honesty. Ok, that wasn't as thought-provoking as I hoped.
Tonight, I was faced with some facts that I don't really know how to deal with. I like to think that I really know myself and that I know exactly who I am. I do, it's just that, I'm beginning to realize that I have so much suppressed feelings in my subconscious that I don't know how to let out. No, I'm not crazy. I think every human being is like this. We learn to deal with things. We tuck away our hurts so we no longer feel them. They are no longer part of us. We are wrong. They are part of us. We are just not aware of its presence. The hurt has made it's way deeper than we know. We shouldn't hide it away, we need to find a way to channel it out. I want to let it all out. I don't want to hurt for the rest of my life.
I want the darkness out, so that there may be room for the light.

No comments:
Post a Comment