These are my two favorite pieces of work by...less known people? That's not the right word
Dream in Color by Adi Rudik [<--I have no clue who that is, btw]
She dreams in color
Of fields of splendor
Of old and new
Of memories past and future longings
She says she dreams in color, of me
I dream in one shade
Flickers of images
Snaps of life
Glimpses of reality and nothing
She dreams in color
A clear picture in her mind
A life outside of life
A real within the unreal
She dreams in color, of me
I envy her dream and vision
Her mind's fine eye
I dream in one color
The color of her eyes.
[This is a poem. Asia and I LOVE this poem.]
Days Like This by Asia Oshiro
somedays i just feel like skipping
skipping down those cobblestone path where the sunflowers grow long the sides of it
somedays i just feel like humming
humming a little tune that i just made up in my head just now
and somedays i feel like flying ten feet off the ground
and reality is the only thing holding me down
now i know we should praise god for the trials that we face
but it think we should thank god for days like this
somedays i just feel like taking
taking your hand so you and i can take this walk together
somedays i can't help but smile
the thought of you here with me strikes mines of joy and jubilee
and i know we won't always feel like laughing
and i know that we live in this world and sadness will take its toll
but i know that God will carry us through the trials and sometimes he gives us days like this
[So. She wrote this about her two best friends. Guess which one's you, Luke! gross.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment