Ok, so I didn't go to the wedding, but it just made my day sound busier. :)
Cool School
TOTALLY not as bad as I was expecting it to be. Gahhh, I need to dash my own expectations to the point where I do not have any anymore. They are either not met, and I am disappointed, or circumstances exceed my expectations, which makes me happy, but results in higher expectations for "next time." Oh, back to what I was talking about.
Josh, the camp team intern, is leading our Bible study this summer. We're going to be studying prayer, and it's gonna be hardcore. Seriously. We're gonna be setting aside time to pray, by ourselves and in groups. We're gonna be learning about fasting and how seriously God takes prayer. It's gonna be SO good. I'll try to remember to post up main ideas and things that stuck out to me on here, 'cause I am certain that it'll be beneficial for all parties involved.
Joey, Jer, Min Shik and I are in a group, and we get to help out with 1st grade. I love this age group. Most of the kids in the 1st grade class I've been able to work with in extended care during the school year, so it was really helpful that I've already established a "teacher"-student relationship with them, you know? And as an added blessing, they're a GREAT group of kids! Seriously! I don't know if it's because they had first-day anxiety that they were so well-behaved, but I know those kids well enough to know that they are in general very mellow. I love it! Min Shik didn't really work with us in the morning, because he was with the K-4, K-5 class. There was this little Korean boy that kept crying, but Min Shik was able to make him stop, and now they're buddies! It is the cutest thing!!!
Wedding
I didn't go to the wedding today, but I have random stuff to say about it. I was helping Heather direct traffic during carline this afternoon, and I was able to see the bride and groom as they crossed the street to the reception in the FLC, and it was so precious. I love weddings, and I love how the newlyweds look right after the ceremony is over. They are just glowing, and I think that's got to be on my "favorite looks" list. That and the face of the groom as the bride walks in the church. Oh, and the Dad's face when he gives his daughter away. It makes me want to cry. Oh, another one would be the look of a mother when she gets to see her baby for the first time after giving birth, especially when it's her first child. Oh that reminds me. It was so cute...Asia told me that when her grandma's firstborn child was born, Asia's grandpa bought her flowers. He did that for every single child that was born, and when Asia's uncle (their last) was born, Asia's grandpa still bought flowers, and one of the nurses asked Asia's grandpa if that was their first child. He answered and said, "Oh no. That one's our 8th." So precious...Wow, that was definitely a rabbit trail. Maybe it could be a duck trail because we all know where rabbit trails lead so it would be kind of expected, but then if you watch Micah's episode of OTB about rabbit trails and duck trails, then you would expect it to be a duck trail. Maybe it could be a...skunk trail. Yeahh, maybe it could be a skunk trail because we would be so off-subject that the skunk would get mad and then he would be like all stinky and then we would smell it and want to leave the skunk trail and get back to the main subject.
WOW. I really cannot focus. Oh more about weddings! I was at the Jodi's (hah) going away party tonight, and it was at the Penas', and I got to see their wedding pictures, and my my my they're adorable!! I love wedding pictures. Yeah, random stuff. :) I love looking at wedding pictures, even when I don't know the people in the pictures. I don't remember which wedding I was at, but there was this neat-o wedding that I went to and at the reception there were disposable cameras at each of the tables for the guests to take their own pictures of everything. I suppose that would work if the kiddos didn't steal the cameras or people didn't take dumb pictures. OK, maybe that idea has quite a few flaws.
Party
SO. We had a party without lemons or Harrison's party shirt, so I guess it wasn't really a party, which may be why the party ended so quickly. It probably was the fastest party I've ever been to. Most of the guests were gone by 8, and we started at 6:30. Ai adai...that's so not an island thing. Hmmm, we ate Spanish food and it was DELICIOUS! Oh and we went around saying nice stuff about her, and I had said that I'm going to miss going to her when I would spontaneously start crying in class and I told her that I love her hugs! Right after I was done, Mr. Babin was like, "I'll be the new go-to hugger." It was so weird! Everyone started laughing and I was so embarrassed. I was blushing so much. Yes, I am brown, and yes, I can blush. I think Asia and I are the only brown kiddos that I know that can blush and you can SO tell. I was sitting next to Pastor and when he needed to go, he gave Mr. Babin a hug..and it was the funniest thing. :)
Now.
I'm so tired. I can't focus if this blog doesn't make it obvious enough.
I'm gonna crash. post later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment