Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Excerpts from my journal. September.

9/3/08
"Joy isn't based on circumstances. It's based on Jesus and who He is and how much He loves me. In knowing that He and His love are unshakeable, joy in Jesus is unshakeable."

9/4/08
"I personally think I'm only a morning person because I do my devos at night. I can't focus when I read in the morning, which is kind of ironic. Lord, may I be so hungry for Your Word that I can't make up my mind when to read it because no time is ever enough! Lord, I want to know You, and now, I see how much faith it's going to take and how much the growing pains are going to hurt, but, Lord, I still ask that You show me Your glory and that I see who You truly are in all Your holiness. You are my helper, and I shall not fear what man will do unto me. Thank You, Jesus!"

9/5/08
"If only one could know the things that go on in silence, I think we would speak a lot less. We would learn to communicate nonverbally and that kind of communication speaks much louder than words ever could.
Sometimes you just gotta cry it all out. Let the hurt out and give it up to Jesus. Pray, love, pray. There are so many people hurting. I wish that it could all go away, but that's not the case. It never will be the case, not until Jesus comes back. But God is faithful. He will use that brokenness for His glory, and He will heal those hurts. He will make you, grow you more like His Son."

9/6/08
"This past Spirit Week, God has been showing me that everything He's done this week is all Him. It's God. He's so powerful. He's like a fire, melting hearts of stone. There were so many prayers answered during the course of the week relating to salvation. Many of the people that were specifically named in prayers, God spoke specifically to. It was amazing. It wasn't what anyone said or did. It wasn't Jeremy Frazor's cool stories or messages. It was God. It was the Gospel-that radical life changing reality, not just a story."

9/9/08
"I was reading Life on the Edge this weekend. It said something that made me laugh. A man will marry the woman that can ask questions he can answer brilliantly."

9/11/08
LUKE, IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I'M PUTTING THIS IN HERE FOR YOU!!! IT'S MONUMENTAL!
"Yesterday I talked to Luke at drama, and we were just talking about dumb stuff at first. But then the conversation turned to deeper things, which actually surprised me, truly. He was like, 'I miss a certain someone...' [I'm not putting up the rest of the convo, but I do have it, in case you want to read it sometime!] Then he said more things, but I kind of don't really remember exactly what he said....It really did make me happy, just as long as people rest in Jesus and continue to understand that growing UP in Jesus is more important than 'growing together.'" Luke, the things I do for you! Oh and this was the same day that you called me a prayer warrior!

9/14/08
This one's completely random, but I wrote in Sunday school.
"Lord, thank You that I am totally not one of those girls that are drop-dead gorgeous. I don't know why, but I think it makes life easier." I love being me! I make myself laugh. "I would so want to become famous one day, but I want to be famous posthumously, for fame comes with too high a price to be alive for....Pastor is wearing a Quicksilver shirt. I think that's cool."

9/15/08
"KJV is my favorite version of the Bible. It flows. The words are so poetic, and the wording is so beautiful. Maybe that's the romantic, overdramatic self in me, but it's classic." --
"Mariah: Tell me why...
Class: Ain't nothing but a heartache.
Mariah: Tell me why...
Philip: Ain't nothing but a fruitcake." Is that Backstreet Boys? Or N'sync? Gross, either way.

9/15/08
"Last night, there was a full moon in the sky, so I decided to open my curtains because the moon would shine right on my pillow. I fell asleep watching the moon. It was mystical." I miss doing this! That silly cactus blocks my window, so I can't watch the moon anymore. On the bright side, I sleep in better because it blocks the sun in the morning!

Random good writing/reading quotes:
-I take my notebook everywhere, in case of spontaneous inspiration.
-If I stare at you, it's not because you look good; it's because you just helped me figure out how to off my villain.
-Scribbling my poetry, as if art could save a wretch like me.
-"I write for the same reason I breathe, because if I didn't, I would die." Isaac Asimon
-Every time I read something you write, I fall in love with you, letter by letter.
-"Feel," said my muse, "Look in thy heart and write."
-"I write to find out what I'm thinking. I write to find out who I am. I write to understand things." Julia Alvarez
-A room without 3 full bookshelves is not fully furnished. [I have 4.]
-Wicked people never have time to read. It is the reason for their wickedness. (not really, but it's funny)

9/21/08
This was the Sunday that Pastor preached about having childlike humility. I remember crying. And I remember crying even harder when Auntie Marie...and others sand I Surrender All in the evening service. I think I cried in the evening service too.

9/22/08
"I think Mr Kannon is a romantic. I noticed that, but not in a...weird...way. Most people that prefer the KJV are romantics. Not necessarily mushy-gushy romantic. (I think the right word would be "sentimental," that kind of romantic), but the same kind of romantic that the Bendo's backyard is. Let me explain. The rain had just come down, so there was this cold breeze, and raindrops were everywhere. the water glistened under the moonlight. There were some tiki torches lit in places around the yard. Greenery was everywhere. They had this little nook that was like a room, but it had no roof. There were white wrought iron chairs with a table between them against the wall. I believe there was a cute little plant on the table, and in the corner was a toilet (which you would think would ruin the aesthetic value of the space) and they planted plants in it. It was so cute!"

9/25/08
"I need to write this down while I still remember. I was talking to Jeremy and Jon after school, and we were sadly discussing the lack of rain on this present day. Suddenly, it began to pour down torrentially!! Oh my. First, it was just drizzling, so Jeremy and I ran into the parking lot and starting freaking out 'cause we both thought it wasn't going to rain. Then! It started raining really hard!!! But then Jeremy had to leave, and Jon and I were so amazed that it was raining. I almost started crying. It was beautiful. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal in retrospect, but while it was happening, it was heartwarming."

I love to remember!

No comments: