Monday, May 18, 2009

Break...

Sunday's morning service was...well, I learned a lot.
Pastor preached about Jesus saying "I am the door."
-Jesus Christ, as the door, provides our salvation. (John 10:5,9)
-Jesus Christ, as the door, provides our security. (John 10:8-10)

Christians in fear put their confidence and trust in things that can be taken away.

Pastor made a flow chart showing the differences between secure and insecure people. I am a word person, so I put the chart to paragraph form. Hopefully, it makes sense anyway.

Insecure people find approval from others through friends, position and wealth. All of this leads to guilt and soon to depression, which ultimately results in a negative self-view. They are discouraged and erratic, cannot trust others, and often have thoughts of suicide. This is where we find so many Christians...unfortunately.

Secure people put their confidence in the person of Jesus Christ. Now they live secure in only Him; there is no need for looking for love and acceptance in people. Rather, friends are developed because of the overflow of love from their relationships with God. This security shows up in joy and peace and ends in a right view of self, because they realize God doesn't expect them to be perfect, just to be obedient.

There are two fears you can have:
Fear of Man, which brings instability. OR
Fear of God, which brings peace.
"I don't need to be accepted by people. I just need God's forgiveness."

good stuff. I love learning new things like this.

No comments: