So. I'm sitting here at the beach shack area by the beach at the Outrigger. Funny, when this hotel first opened and Dad first started working at UWW, I used to swim at this beach all the time. I was here the day the sand collapsed and there was this HUGE hole in the sand, and it was full of sand eels. It was wayyyy cool. You know me..well, I mean, if you DO know me, then you know that I LOVE the sea. I love everything about it, so the fact that I was there when something like THAT happened makes me gush.
ANYWAY, I was just sitting at the beach shack thing when the camera lady comes over to me and hands me sheets of paper. Mom tells me that I have to memorize these lines and that I'm going to be in the shot real soon. Crazy stuff. I had to say, "Getting out and playing in the sunshine is a lot of fun, but did you know that it's great for you too? Getting at least 60 minutes of physical activity everyday helps: Strengthen bones, Reduce blood pressure, (something) stress, Increase self-esteem, and helps you stay fit. So get out, get fit, and have fun!"
Can you find all the grammatical errors in those sentences??
It was so annoying, but I had to read it like the script...Argh.. Well, then, Kaz is like on my back, and I'm walking and talking, and lemme tell ya, rattling off lines on stage is way different than doing it in front of a camera. On stage I don't have to feel bad that I'm wasting film...
So whatever. I'm still sitting at this beach shack thing sipping a Pink Elephant from the Hava Java Cafe in the lobby, listening to 80s music that this place is playing, and smelling the salty ocean air. I love it.
I'm realizing more and more than I can never live in a city. I will always have to live near the ocean, in the mountains, in the country, in the woods, in the middle of nowhere...just not a city. I will suffocate. I think I could stand living in London only because I was too young to have opinions like that. :) One of these days I'll try to put to words all those England memories. They're way cool.

No comments:
Post a Comment