1. I think I've become very good at Spanish because when I was little and my sister was in high school, she would let me come into her room while she would do school work. My sister is amazing; she really is. My sister...well, she and I definitely have the same blood running through us. We are definitely like our mother. All to say, true to form, she's a little offbeat. She would turn her radio on, take me by the hand, and we would dance to Latin American music. We would also drive around in her car listening to the vivacious sounds of merengues and sambas and other music of the like. Oh it was so fun! Great memories. Even to this day, we will be driving down the road with the windows rolled down, and just like it was when I was growing up, and her playlist would have all this Hispanic music. I don't know how to explain it. My sister is...awesome.
2. Not only has my sister influenced me with music like the kinds mentioned above, but she is just generally drawn to underground music, movies, newspapers, ideas, etc. Oh! My sister makes me smile! She is so into foreign music!! It's so cute! Oh I love her! One night we'll be listening to some amazing a cappella in Spanish, and the next night we'll be listening to some really peppy girly music...in SWEDISH! Oh it's hilarious! Ok, I think I've just turned this into a blog about my sister and how hilarious I think her taste in music is...
3. This list actually serves no purpose. But anyway!! Wow, I just realized something. I don't call my sister by a name. That is the sole reason her name comes off so awkwardly when I say it. I never call her Frances. I never call her Michie like the rest of our family. Come to think of it, I don't know what I call her!!! Never mind.
Oh I love my sister.
4. Tonight. Tonight was healing. Tonight was amazing.
Our family sat around our dinner table. Something we haven't done in the longest time.
Kaz was so excited to have Mom home, so he was just a bundle of giggles.
We were eating mangos, and all of a sudden, he says, "How did God make this?! Why is there a stone in the mango!! There aren't supposed to be stones in food?!?!" Then. Then we burst out laughing for a good five minutes. It wasn't even really that funny...but it was good.
That hasn't happened in far too long.
This is another pointless blog. But...it's mostly word vomit. Bleh that's an icky mental picture, but it sums this up pretty well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
lol, word vomit....
Post a Comment