Yep. So today was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. :)
I woke up at around 9am. Rolled around in bed until I felt sick of being lazy. Around 10ish, I started laundry. I cleaned the kitchen, rearranged my bookshelves, vacuumed my room, and "studied" for the exam. I didn't really study, only because I found my notes about an hour prior to leaving the house. Silly Ruthie.
I took my Life Skills exam today, and it was super easy!!! I like how Bella said it. All you need is, "CCS-Christian common sense." Just like I thought it was going to be, the exam mainly covered stuff that I've been learning since elementary Sunday school. Yeah, I'm definitely a church kid. :) Gotta love it.
After the exam, I hung out with Luke for like...10 seconds. (Ok, not really. More like 10 minutes) Then Jeremy, Kayla, Luke and I all decide to walk to the Filipiaks' house (Kayla's old crib). We don't even get out of the parking lot when Mr Abels says he'll give us a ride in the back of his truck. I love trucks. I love riding in the back of trucks. It totally reminds me of when I was little-driving to the beaches down South in the back of Dad's truck. Love it! Anyway, the bed of his truck was all wet...don't know why, but that meant we couldn't sit on it. Kayla sat on...I don't know what it's called. hah. And Jer sat on "Luke's" skateboard. Luke and I sat on the sides...wall thingies...I don't know what they're called either. Ok, I'm a dork. I just tried to google whatever they're called, but I failed. I don't know why I did that. ANYWAY, we drove on the road past Harvest, and I have got to say, that that's one of my favorite roads in all of central Guam. Yes, I did have to be specific, because most of my favorite roads to drive down are down South.
I can't say for sure why I love that road so much. Maybe it's because it reminds me of my childhood, riding down the small roads of Guam. The greenery is so beautiful. The way the sun hits the trees and forms shadows ignites this warmth in me, and a sense of awe overcomes me. The road is narrower than most. It curves and winds with the land. It doesn't cut straight through. The essence of "the village" surges in the ocean of old times. I don't know if that will make sense to anyone but me. Still. I love that road. I cannot wait till I'm finally able to drive down that road myself. I think I will cry. :)
All to say, we went over to the Filipiaks' house. It was so strange walking through the front door knowing that Kayla doesn't live there anymore. It was awkward to think that I had come there so many times in the past. I used to come over a ton to spend the night and hang out with Kayla. Now...I don't go over to do that, 'cause Kayla doesn't live there anymore. Luke showed us his room. It made me want to fall asleep! He painted it almost the same colors as the Lewises' living room colors. His bed is almost as big as mine, and it looked super comfortable. I had this preconception that his bed would be as soft as mine or Asia's, so I jumped on it. And I hurt my face! It was a really firm bed, which I don't have a problem with...it's just I was not expecting it to be like that! I thought it was funny...
Kayla had to leave. Jer, Luke and I just hung out. I'm beginning to realize that the years I grew up like an only child have paid off! I no longer am able to be bored! I think I've come up with so many ways to entertain myself that I can be without the internet or TV for awhile without being bored out of my mind! I love it! Anyway, fast forward to Awards Chapel.
In short phrases:
-Kayla AND Jer won Bible Character award. I was so SO proud of them. <3
-Asia, Ryan, Josh, Mariah, and Bella won Bible Character award too.
-Luke got some really rad yearbook award.
-And I...well, want a list?? hah!
Bible Character
A/B Honor Roll
YOUNG AUTHORS COMPETITION!!!!
Dramatic Servanthood
Student Life Council
2nd place for ACB
1st place for Dramatic Interp in NFL
The only award I wanted was A/B Honor Roll, because if I didn't get it, I basically wouldn't have a life this summer...
The only one I wasn't expecting was the award for having the winning story for 10th grade for YAC. I wrote a story about this 15 year old boy who lost his parents. I'll post it in another blog.
:D :D :D :D
I was so proud to be my parents' daughter. :)
I can now add to my collection 3 trophies, a ribbon, and a pin.
Bahahaha! We ate at Tony Roma's to celebrate. We hardly ever eat there...but we were celebrating, and I ordered this spinach chicken thing with broccoli and rice pilaf. Delicious!!! GRADUATION is tomorrow. And so is Relay for Life. Score. :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment