I was thinking about this last night.
I am so spoiled, in almost every way.
Come on. I'm my parents' only child to support. I'm Daddy's little girl. I'm his only one. My sister already has a job and does her own thing. I've grown up most of my life like I were an only child. I got pretty much everything I ever wanted. I get to do basically whatever I want. I can only remember one instance where Dad said no--I couldn't go over to the Filipiak's for a movie party the Saturday before my birthday. Dad doesn't even remember. Seriously. I am super spoiled. Come to think of it, I'm actually more surprised that I'm not a complete BRAT and that I actually have friends and people that like me! It's not like Mom and Dad purposely did this...it's kind of inevitable with the way I've grown up, you know?
Another thing, I go to probably the best Christian school/church in the nation. I cannot think of any spiritual ways Harvest could improve. The only thing where we can "grow" is probably just with our facilities. I have an amazing Pastor. He is super laid-back and loves Jesus more than anything. There are so many people at our church who are really on fire for God, and they live it out. I am so spoiled. My school...where to begin? I've been going there since I was two and a half, which makes this school year my 13th year at Harvest, just in the school! I've had the privilege of going to a school where the teachers truly care and want the best for us. A school that has its heart in the right place with the right priorities.
I have genuine Christian friends. Did you catch that? Friends. Meaning more than one. Meaning plural. Meaning not just me. I am blessed with so many peers that desire to do right and to live for God...genuinely. They encourage me to make right choices and not give into the world's pressure. Iron truly sharpens iron. Both my parents and my sister were all saved before I was born. They've been going to Harvest before I was born too...so I grew up in a strong, Christian home.
I don't even remember where I was going with this, but Luke and I were talking some nights ago...and Kayla and I were talking about this on Wednesday afternoon...and I've just been thinking about this a lot. I have so much to be thankful for. It scares me little bit...you know, knowing that eventually I'll have to leave my spoiled, comfortable life and go out into the "real world."
But I know that whatever happens, if I keep my heart in God's hands and my mind in His Word, then I know He'll take me where I need to be and take care of me. You know? I love that. I don't need to be afraid. Just thankful. And tender.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment