12/25/08
"Dearest Jesus,
Today we celebrate that day 2000 years ago that You stepped down from Heaven to be born as a lowly baby. So delicate, so needful. All of Your glory held in a gentle baby's body. No, You didn't just come to earth as a grown man. You were born and grew up just like us. You were put in Mary's womb supernaturally! Yet you still grew a heart, eyes, and fingernails the same way You had designed us to be formed. You put Your own feet on the same earth that You in all Your glory created.
That amazes me every single time I think about it. Why did You do that? Why did You leave Your place in perfection and holiness with the Father to stoop down to earth with such as me? Why? Why did You do that...to be born to die? What kind of God does that?
A God that loves, that's what. "For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."-John 3:16. Thank You, Jesus, for loving such a sinful world so much that You would come down to earth to be born to die..to SAVE us. Thank You, Jesus, for such a gift. Thank You, Jesus, for being born...because of You, there is no greater joy.
This Christmas, I give You the only gift I know to give. Jesus, You can have my heart, my life, and soul. Everything I have is Yours. May You be glorified in everything I do.
Love,
Me.
Today darkness fell in the dawn of Love's light. Today was the day Jesus was born so that we could be saved from hell and eternal death. Today we celebrate the birth of Jesus--love with skin on. He was born because He loves us. He not only said "I love you." He lived "I love you." Happy birthday, Jesus. You're the best. (and that's an understatement)"
I love Christmas. I was really thankful that this past Christmas (2008) totally made up for the really BAD Christmas our family had in 2007. God is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment