Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Better Days.

This girl has seen better days. But I would have to say, this day was a good day. All through the course of the day, I've seen God's fingerprints through and through. It's been such a blessing being alive today. These days I've been asking God to give me the eyes of faith to see Him at work, in big ways and small ways. 

These may sound ridiculous, but God has just been making all these cutesy little things happen to me that He knows I would be the only one to appreciate.
  1. I finally got ice cream today. Soft-serve cookie dough ice cream. I love ice cream. Number one way to win me over, make my day, and stop me from crying. Ice cream. I love it.
  2. I had to return a movie that I rented the other day, but it was late, and I had no more money to pay the late fees (since I had spent all my money buying ice cream). I usually can just return it and make my dad pay the next time we borrow a movie, but I've done that the last like 50 times I've borrowed a movie, so I would feel bad if I did it again. I checked my wallet. I had one dollar. Then I remembered I had $1 left of birthday money from like three years ago, so I rummaged through my 8th grade box and looked through birthday cards, and I found exactly a dollar!! So then I had $2 to pay my movie's late fee. :D I was pretty happy. 
  3. We went on a hike today. Ok, not really. We went to the park today, and the kids went up in groups up a hill and then back down. I think I've explained this on here before. Anyway, I picked the right day to wear a sleeveless blouse, because I could tan properly! Whooo. I love the hot Guam sun. 
  4. I GET MY MAC BACK TODAY! I am so happy. :D
In general, I've felt a whole lot freer. Freer to be who I am in Jesus. God is surely showing Himself strong. My God keeps His promises. When I felt weak, He is strong. I claimed Psalm 3:3 for this week. I'll share it.
But Thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
I have faith. I truly believe that God took away what I had lost this past week just for me to go into this week serious about committing my life to Him. Halfway through this week, I've surrendered everything. My heart, soul and life to Him. That's more than what I thought was going to happen in these past couple of days; I thought I was only going to give up the situation, the feelings. No, everything. It's all His. I really believe that what I lost is going to come back again in time. I really believe it. I have. This whole time. Obedience brings blessing. I cannot wait to see what that blessing will be, whether it be what I want it to be...or something far greater. We'll see. 

On a lighter note, when we were at Wendy's getting ice cream, my sister ordered my frosty. The dude working the counters says to us, "Oh, the ice cream is really runny. I don't know if they'll be ready." True to form, I loudly exclaim, "WHAT?! I've been wanting to eat this Frosty all day! And now that I'm finally here, the machine isn't working right!!!" Not in a rude way, just in a pseudo frustrated way. I make this ridiculous face, and everybody present starts laughing--the people in line behind us, my sister, and the dude. He was like, "You know what, I'll go check." I stood there less apprehensive but still anxious to see the outcome of his Frosty testing. Can you tell I take my ice cream seriously? :) Hah, I'm funny. He comes back, laughs and says to me, "The ice cream's ready, darling." Darling?! Excuse me, bud-dy. You tell me that my ice cream may not be ready and then you call me darling...and I don't even know you! It was weird. Whatever. In the end, I got my ice cream. And that's what matters. 

ICE CREAM!!!! :D 
And something else just made my day! I think I can. I think I can. 
aww what. I know I can. This is wayyy worth it.

No comments: