Friday, June 5, 2009

Carnival Day!

So since this is my blog, I can be selfish and only put up pictures with me in it on this post. :)

Ok, this is a pic of the Hot Tots. If you can spot the girl in the pink shirt and the girl to the left of her (wearing a white headband), that would be the mini versions of Asia and me. No kidding. They just finished K-3, and they're like best friends. It's wayyy cute! That's like Asia and me when we were their age. They are always together, always waiting for each other, always looking out the other. It's adorable!!! I had them both in extended care this past year. The girl in the pink shirt reminds me so much of Asia! She likes to do her own thing, and she's really daring for being so young and so little! I think she was about the smallest student at HCA this year! Adorable! And then her best friend with the headband, totally reminds me of me! Luke and I were watching these two as they were getting briefed as to what they were supposed to be doing at the carnival today, and she kept eating and not paying attention. Luke and I were laughing SO much! I love it!!

This is a pic of me working. Um, I had like the easiest game ever! All the kids had to do was throw the Frisbee and try to make at least one of them land on the stars. You can't see the stars...but they're there! I had so much fun! The kids were so funny!! I had a couple fall in line over and over again, because it was so easy to win. Then one time when I was running out of prize candy, there were these two super sweet girls that each gave me a piece from their prize candy. It kind of defeat the purpose though, since they won it back, but I thought the thought was sweet. :D

And this one is just fun. :) I love how Mariah is totally knocked out in the background! It's funny!! Well, I got a ladybird painted on my face just for kicks. That about sums up my day...
Oh, we took a pic of the reference Micah 1:8 painted on our forearms. We meaning the Cool School team. :) Funny stuff. Josh is crazy. He's like the best intern ever! I was so tired when we were sweeping up afterward, so he hands me this huge broom and tells me to do something with it. I didn't understand what he meant, so he took it from me, and was like, "You gotta do one of these numbers." Then he came up with this hilarious beat and started dancing and pretending the broom was a guitar. Fun times. I'm telling ya! I am having so much fun.

On a random side-note, I was texting one of the younger girls on the CS team, and she said the sweetest thing to me today. She told me that she wants to be like me, because I'm funny, smart and godly. She says that she wants to become closer friends with me this summer. I just about died! I didn't even realize that people thought that about me!!! I'm so excited though, because I really wanted to get closer to her too, but I didn't know if she wanted to talk to me, like ever! Our team is starting to bond. It's a wonderful feeling.

No comments: