Lessons I pulled from the movie.
- When you marry somebody, make sure you want the same things.
- Don't fall in love with an idea. Fall in love with a person. Puh-lease! When you fall in love with a person, your love has a chance to change, to grow, to develop. Your love can't do those things when you fall in love with an idea of a person. Yeah, we're suckers for consistency, but when you wake up and find out the idea of a person you fell in love with is a volatile, perpetually changing person, you'll realize you probably didn't love the person in the first place, just an idealized vision of her.
- Oh yeah. Don't fight with your best friend. At the end of the day, you're gonna need her. Because boys are ridiculous and don't (more like CAN'T) understand why girls' minds work the way they do. Duhhhh.
- When God says to abstain from youthful lusts, abstain from youthful lusts!!! There's a purpose God didn't intend for couples to play house before they're married.
- Don't plan your wedding with an obsession. You'll end up getting disappointed, because often in our plans, we don't make room for mistakes, we don't make room for people being human. Perfection and idealization is heartbraking.
- Oh yeah. I've decided that big-time weddings are ridiculous. I don't see the purpose of spending like eighty bajillion dollars on getting some expensive place that has no sentimental value to the couple, buying a super pricey dress you're probably going to wear only once in your life (and fit in, for that matter), or wasting time on doing pointless things to prepare for your wedding. Ok, maybe not so much on that last one.
Ok, enough about weddings, chick-flicks, and my so-called cynicism.
I think I'm going to read and go to bed. I'm so boring.
But I love it. No, I don't love that I'm boring.
I love that I have so much time to do things.
But, I suppose there are other things I'd still like to do too, just...not now. :)

2 comments:
Ruthie, it sounds like you watched Bride Wars. Was it the one with Anne Hathaway?
I don't even know if i got the title right, but it sounds like that movie. >.<
It's set in NYC....
haha.
can you tell me? :D
Hah! it is Bride Wars! Right on!!
Post a Comment