I am seriously turning into an old lady. I was going to say that "it's not even funny," but the more I think about it, the funnier it becomes.
I spent all of yesterday afternoon napping.
Then all my night was spent doing laundry. May I add, that I hand washed my cardigans, and I am very proud of myself. Now they're sparkling ocean fresh. :)
And I finally called Asia up to chat...and I could not remember a thing!
It was rather ridiculous.
So for the first time in a month (exactly a month, actually), I've finished washing, drying, and folding/hanging all of my clothes all in one night, and I've also managed to wash my sheets, vacuum my room, dust a little, rearrange my bookshelf, and clean up my closet. I've gotten so used to just throwing stuff in there that a huge pile of clothes grew..hah. I feel pretty accomplished, if I do say so myself. :D It's a great feeling.
I read through half a book last night. And then started reading a short story...but never finished, because it was boring, confusing, and heretical. I don't even remember what it was about, but it was freaky.
Then I spent a good deal of the rest of the night praying and doing devos. I read through a bunch of Psalms just praising God. We get so caught up with asking God to do stuff for us, at least I know I do, that we sometimes neglect thanking Him for what He's done and for who He is. 'Cause lemme tell ya, He's a good God that's more than worthy of our praise. I'm reading through this devotional about emotions, and I'm learning a lot...it's good...you know, 'cause I'm such an emotional person and all. I'm very thankful that God understands our emotions, yet He never misuses them like we do (like we hate people, God doesn't; He hates sin. We get angry for selfish reasons. God's reasons for His anger are completely just and righteous).
Anywho, I'm off to watch a movie. This is my first movie night all summer...just like Saturday was the first shopping day all summer. This summer's been totally out of whack. It's pretty insane.
I still feel like an old lady though. Why? Because I prefer staying home and reading a book to going out with friends. Whatever. I would rather do my laundry and clean the house than waste time and money going out to eat, when my mother could do a better job cooking food I actually like. That's just my little two cents...since I'm an old lady now and all. ;)
Just kidding. I'm still me. Even though "me" sounds a little ridiculous right now. But I suppose that that's just proof I'm still me. :P Ok, I'll stop before I get even more confusing. Hah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment