Ok, sometimes it is not so fun being a really weepy girl, but I suppose it better than being a pseudo-trashy one...Just thought I would throw that out there.
We spontaneously went to the beach today. :) We left campus at around 8:45 in the vans with the Hot Tots. They are so funny! I love 3 and 4 year olds. Funniest kids ever! Anyway, I had jeans on, my favorite pair actually, but I didn't want them to get soaked and heavy from the water, so I rolled them up to my knees. I felt like I was summer personified. I was wearing a sky blue top with a bright yellow undershirt. I had my hair up in a messy bun, with two flowers to match the yellow of my shirt tucked behind my ear.
Mmmm.
Sandy feet.
Drenched jeans.
Wind-blown hair.
Sunkissed cheeks.
It felt good to be alive.
The ocean was beautiful. It was such a great day today. The water was extra clear today. The shore extra clean. The grass extra soft. The sky extra blue. The wind extra warm. The sun extra intense. You know. The usual. :)
I told Mariah today, "I feel like I look like summer. I feel like dance-on-a-boat-at-sunrise summer." She replied, "Sunrise?" "OH! I mean, sunset!" I exclaimed. "Right...because I wouldn't wake up at sunrise just to dance on a boat..."
I would. Maybe. Well, logically, I probably wouldn't. It's impractical. But the sentimental Ruthie (not the practical Ruthie) would in a heartbeat. I love the ocean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment