Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fisher Rae.

So I'm reading this book called Amazing Grace. It is like one of my favorite books EVER! I call it a "cereal" book, because there's no real theme or moral tone or any of that good literature stuff. I think that's why I read it so much; it's a nice break from reading meaty books, if you know what I mean. :) 

Anyway, it's about this girl named Grace, who was a tennis superstar or something like that. She completely changes her identity and moves to Medicine Hat, Alaska--which is supposed to be the equivalent to the middle of nowhere. But this blog isn't about her, although I really should start with her! I feel like talking about the other girl in the book. She's cool.

Ok, so in a nutshell, Grace somehow meets this boy named Teague after crashing her bike into a moose and wiping out. He takes her to his Aunt Sadie's bakery, and as they sit down for a bite to eat, this girl walks in. I'm going to make a list to describe her using some of the stuff I remember from the book. It's brilliant. Like I relate to a lot of the characteristics to the people in this book. Maybe you will catch why I say that. :)

She's got this feisty sway thing going on. Her jet-black hair was pulled into two beautiful braids with a yellow daisy tucked behind her ear. (Grace thinks, A daisy! A daisy! I cannot compete with a daisy, people! hah) I don't know there's just something about her, the self-confidence. The everybody says hi to her wherever she goes. The "I have this incredible desire for her to like me" and the "It's like the most popular girl just asked you to sit at her table" feeling. 

I don't remember anything else. I think I'm just annihilating the book. Just read it.
You can totally tell why I like it. The author writes very similar to me. :) At least, the way I think. 

No comments: