Monday, June 8, 2009

Ruthie's best day ever.

Hi, my name is Ruthie. :) I like flowers, hot tea and writing in my journal. My favorite thing to do when I have spare time is talk to people I love. I think the best weather that is naturally possible on Guam are thundersorms. I may be too old to be in grade school, but I still climb trees, run through the sprinklers, and roll in the grass. Little kids make my heart dance. I've always wanted to live on a houseboat for a summer. I've donned British accents and Southern accents alike, but deep down, you know I'll always be an island girl. Hah! Psyche! I'm no island girl, but I love where I live to pieces and couldn't imagine living anywhere but here, at least for now. Honestly, sometimes I forget that I'm usually the only brown kid among like heaps and heaps of haoles. Gotta love it though. I lost my heart to the ocean when I was 5 years old. I've read books upon books about things that I don't have to know about. I walk in other people's shoes frequently, but I know who I am. I am me. Ruthie. :D What was I talking about? Wow, I'm silly. That has nothing to do about my day. 

Oh. My best day ever. I don't know why I had to go rambling on an on about myself, but hey, this is my blog, I can do whatever I want. I'm not here to please, just to write. :) Anywho, I woke up, jumped out of bed, hopped online, and found emails that I've been waiting for! Totally made my day already, and I hadn't even been awake for 10 minutes yet. Gotta love that God knows what we love. Today was one of those days you know...where I just feel downright awesome. I feel strong-willed and powerful, like nothing can stop me. Ok, maybe not to that extent. More like...confident and happy. Beautiful and loved. Accepted and wanted. That's what it was. :)

I got to do work that I love most--errand running. I love errand running. I love going around talking to people seeing what they need to get done. I love knowing the latest news that way. I love just being useful. :) Maybe I'm just nosy. Whatevs. I had a BLAST!!! Heather is amazing!!!

Anyway, Miss Geiman made us count SALT! Can you believe that?!! Hah. Good stuff. I'm sitting here in the coffee shop...calming down from a day of laughter, smiles, and embarrassment. :) Gotta love it. 

No comments: